Welcome to our new STEAM Lab web page! Please bookmark this page; it will be our jumping off point for everything STEAM Lab.
What has changed?
- This new STEAM Lab webpage
- Support for Distance Learning Options (see the tab above)
- 1st grade: I have joined your Seesaw class
- 3rd-6th grade: New & revised google classroom assignment(s)
- K-6th: New ways to get help from and interact with Mr. Long (see Distance Learning Options tab above)
- Zoom meetings available with Mr. Long (see the Zoom tab)
What has not changed?
- We have most of what we did in class still available, such as coding, typing, and tinkering.
- You still have your original assignments waiting for you with the same directions, objectives, expectations, and teacher evaluations available.
What is available? For now…
- K-2nd: teacher supported Typing and Coding
- Kindergarteners, are you interested in learning touch typing? If so, please let me know by email, or by using the "Ask Mr. Long" button on this page.
- 3rd-6th: teacher supported Typing, Coding, and Tinkering
Where do I go?
- K-2nd: Use the links on this STEAM Lab web page.
- 3rd-6th: Begin with this STEAM Lab web page, or go to your STEAM Lab Google Classroom. Check the Stream and the assignment instructions for whichever assignment you wish to work on. Please leave me a comment about your goals and progress for any assignment you choose, and I'll answer back the same day.
How do I get help and check-in with Mr. Long
- K-2nd: Using the "Ask Mr. Long" button
- 1st grade: can also post a comment in your Seesaw class; choose STEAM Lab folder.
- 3rd-6th: If assignment related, leave a *private comment on your google classroom assignment(s), otherwise use the "Ask Mr. Long" button.
- Parents: Email me at email@example.com, or use the "Ask Mr. Long" button (tiny.cc/askmrlong)
- See the Distance Learning Options tab above for more information
*In Google Classroom, a private comment refers to a comment that is just between a teacher and a particular student; it is not visible to other students, but is visible to co-teachers if there are any.
How do I get help and check-in with Mr. Long?
- Use the "Ask Mr. Long" button on this web page (tiny.cc/askmrlong)
- 1st grade can leave me a Seesaw post; please choose the STEAM Lab folder
- Zoom meeting times are posted in the Zoom tab above; ask your teacher for my Meeting ID and Password.
- Google Classroom assignment comments for 3rd-6th (already available)
- The "Ask Mr. Long" button on this web page
- Zoom meeting times are posted in the Zoom tab above and on Gooogle Classroom and Seesaw; or ask your teacher for my Zoom Meeting ID and Password.
Parent's can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have shared my Zoom meeting times with all of our classroom teachers, plus they are posted in Google Classroom (3rd-6th grade) and Seesaw (1st grade).
There will be four weeks of STEAM Lab Zoom meetings beginning the week of Monday, May 4th and ending Friday, May 29th, 2020.
Though attending my Zoom meetings are optional, I hope to see you there. It's a great opportunity to get any questions answered and share your work with me.
|Kindergarten||Tuesday||1:00 – 1:30 PM||beginning 5/5/20|
|1st grade||Monday||2:00 – 2:30 PM||beginning 5/4/20|
|2nd grade||Thursday||10:30 – 11:00 AM||beginning 5/7/20|
|3rd grade||Monday||1:00 – 1:30 PM||beginning 5/4/20|
|4th grade||Friday||11:00 – 11:30 AM||beginning 5/8/20|
|5th grade||Friday||1:30 – 2:00 PM||beginning 5/8/20, office hour|
|6th grade||Wednesday||10:30 – 11:00 AM||beginning 5/6/20, office hour|
|Any grade||Friday||1:00 – 1:30 PM||beginning 5/8/20|
|Kid-Safe Research Sites||
|3rd & 4th grade||5th & 6th grade|
|Touch Typing (1st-6th)
||Coding Courses (K-6th)
||3D Design (3rd-4th)
||3D Design (5th-6th)
Above is the link to your coding course(s), which you have been enrolled in by Mr. Long.
If you forgot your secret character for your login, then please contact me using one of the methods described at the bottom, and I will post/send it to you.
Please complete your coding lessons as follows:
If you need help…
K-2nd: Parents can email me at
or students can use the "Ask Mr. Long" button on this STEAM Lab page, and 1st graders can leave me messages on Seesaw.
3rd-6th: Leave me messages in our STEAM Lab google classroom – Coding 101 assignment.
Share on Seesaw
Hello 1st graders!